The dangerous, life-threatening persecution of Christians is a reality worldwide.
Five Ways You Can Help the Persecuted Church
- Learn where the church is being persecuted, what they are facing and how you can help.
- Pray for the persecuted church. There are ministry websites who focus on prayer points for the persecuted church.
- Write letters of encouragement to members of the persecuted church.
- Donate financial resources, food, and ministry material to members of the persecuted church.
- Advocate by raising awareness of the reality of Christian persecution and sharing with government, human rights, and religious freedom organizations.
Persecuted Church Ministries
- OpenDoors: One of the most well-known ministries advocating for the persecuted church. (Write, Pray, Donate, Advocate, Learn)
- Voice of the Martyrs: Another well-known ministry that raises awareness and provides support for the persecuted church. (Write, Pray, Donate, Advocate, Learn)
- Samaritan’s Purse: Their ministry focuses on providing physical and spiritual aid to people around the world. They also provide opportunities to donate to the persecuted church. (Donate)
- PrisonAlert: Prison Alert is part of Voice of the Martyrs. (Advocate, Write, Donate, Pray)
- Be-a-Voice: Part of Voice of the Martyrs as well. It focuses on providing prayer points and writing letters to the persecuted church. (Pray, Write)
- Barnabas Aid: Barnabas Aid focuses on raising awareness about the persecuted church and providing basic needs to the members of the persecuted church. (Pray, Donate, Advocate)
- Christian Solidarity Worldwide: Their main focus is to pray and advocate about the persecution of Christians to the USA and other governments.(Pray, Advocate, Donate)
- Christian Freedom International: CFI has ministries focused on helping persecuted Christians in different areas of the world. (Learn, Pray, Advocate, Donate)
- ChinaAid: This ministry focuses on providing support to the persecuted church in China. (Write, Advocate, Donate, Learn)
- FRRME: The focus of this ministry is to help the persecuted church in the Middle East.(Pray, Donate)
- iCommitToPray: They are another ministry branched from Voice of the Martyrs. Their focus is to provide prayer requests from members of the persecuted church. (Pray)
Extreme Persecution Countries to Pray For
- North Korea: A totalitarian communist state where it is difficult to live as a believer or non-believer. Christians are arrested, imprisoned, tortured, and killed.
- Somalia: An Islamic country where Christians face violent hostility. Christians face persecution from Islamic militants, in particular, those who are converts from Islam.
- Afghanistan: In Afghanistan, Christian converts from Islam are persecuted, deprived of their possessions, sent to mental hospitals, and murdered.
- Pakistan: Another Islamic country where Christians are the targets of bombings, murder, abductions, and other extreme violent acts. Christian converts from Islam face more hardships.
- Sudan: A country under the Authoritarian rule of Al-Bashir. Arrests, attacks, and murder are hard for Christians to escape from in Sudan.
- Syria: Large areas of Syria are held by Islamic Militants including ISIS. Christians are vulnerable targets in the midsts of the war.
- Iraq: Christians are persecuted in Iraq, particularly those who come from an Islamic background. Radical Islamist groups exist in Iraq, including the group ISIS.
- Iran: Though Christians are said to be protected by the law in Iran, many are treated as second class citizens and persecuted.
- Yemen: Christians in Yemen face threats from Islamic extremist groups. They face risks of persecution and ostracization.
- Eritrea: In Eritrea, Christian prisoners receive inhumane treatment. It is a known fact that Christians have been imprisoned in shipping containers and left to die.