We are now introducing the newest Bethany Global University internship site. You heard that right, our 16-month internship now has a new location:
GeorgiaNo, not the state. This nation is in the Caucasus region of the world, nestled between Asia and Eastern Europe. “What is life like as an intern in Georgia,” you ask? We understand that while the internship is exciting, the unknown can be a bit intimidating. But have no fear. Below is the inside scoop of what a typical day on internship in Georgia looks like. Here is an example schedule for what a day may look like on the Georgia Global Internship:
- 5:50am – 6:10am — Wake up and drink instant coffee. Grab a bottle of water and put on running shoes.
- 6:10am – 7:00am — Meet up with 6-8 local teens from young life for running club and run 2 miles.
- 7:00am – 10:00am — Shower, eat breakfast, and get ready for the day. After that, quiet time.
- 10:00am – 12:30pm — Grab a taxi. Head over to the language school to teach young teenagers English.
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm — Stop by a local café for shawarma and a bottle of Borjomi.
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm — Head to the bazaar to pick up groceries for group dinner. Haggle with local vendors for the best prices on local produce.
- 2:30pm – 5:30pm —Arrive at my apartment and spend some free time reading a good book. Then a Russian game of cards, with an azure housemate.
- 5:30pm – 6:30pm — Prepping and cooking dinner for our team meal. Trying our best to make Mexican food with what’s available.
- 6:30pm – 9:00pm — Eat dinner. Then begin ethnography discussion on how different cultures and people groups treat one another.
- 9:00pm – 10:00pm — Wind down while discussing the day’s activities with my roommate, then off to bed.