To continue our series on The Day of A Life of a Global Intern, we give you a peek into a day in Indonesia.
BGU also has internships in closed countries. To learn more about them, you will need to request more information.
Here is the full schedule example schedule for a typical day on the Indonesia Global Internship:
- 5:45am-6:30am – Woke up and had quiet time
- 6:30am-7:00am – Prayed with my teammate, Austin
- 7:00am-8:15am – Ate breakfast–I had egg and paratha, then I showered and got ready for the day.
- 8:30am-11:30am – Drove to language class–My class consists of myself and my three teammates. This week we learned basic conversation skills.
- 11:45am-12:30pm – Had lunch with my team–We had Nasi Padang, which is
a dish consisting of rice, chicken, veggies, tofu, and tempeh, all cooked in the
way of the people of the Padang tribe.
- 1:00pm-5:00pm – Outreach–My primary role is to help develop local businesses and to empower local church planters.
- 5:00pm-6:00pm – Played volleyball with the locals in our neighborhood
- 6:00pm-7:00pm – Ate dinner–My wife Jen cooked curry pasty mango chicken salad. Yes, that is one thing!
- 7:00pm-10:00pm – Did my homework–Sometimes when I’m finished with homework, I’ll go hang out with my neighbors.
- 10:00pm – Got ready for bed