Bethany Global University (BGU) is an organization that has been built on the idea that enterprise can be used to help advance the gospel. Over the past 60 years, students at BGU have offset the cost of their education by serving in various roles through the organization, and you will have the opportunity to do the same. One way this has been done in the past is through the Practical Training (PT) Scholarship. Not only will the PT Scholarship save you money, but it will also serve as a valuable educational experience. Thus, it has become an important part of the educational program at BGU.
The Practical Training program will give you the chance to be a part of the inner workings of Bethany Global University. You will invest roughly 15 hours a week serving in certain parts of the ministry, which helps all of us continue to advance the gospel.
Bethany Global University is an official work college and a member of the work college consortium.
- Work College: A federally designated institution that has "comprehensive work-learning-service" programs as an essential and core component of their educational programs. All resident students are required to work including one-half of all students who are enrolled on a full-time basis regardless of their academic program or their financial need.
- Work College Consortium: Bethany Global University is part of a group of eight distinctive student-centered liberal arts colleges promoting the purposeful integration of Work-Learning-Service while helping to reduce the cost of education.
From practical training you will gain:
- A practical training scholarship. Each semester you are awarded a scholarship for your participation in the Practical Training program. This is part of how Bethany Global University is Tuition-Paid. This increases the potential for you to walk away from college debt free. Imagine what you can do with the extra money you save!
- Grow in professionalism. Your ability to influence people is based on how you’re able to interact with them in different social settings. We will teach you how to grow in professionalism whether you’re serving in an office setting, or working in other areas of the ministry.
- Develop a strong work ethic. At BGU we pray hard, play hard, and work hard. When you work hard you build trust with those around you. It also shows your supervisor that the best people to have on the team are Christians!
- Learn directly from the staff. Learning new skills is essential for effective cross-cultural work in the future. By serving in various areas of the ministry you will develop a new and diverse set of skills. The staff at BGU will work with you in training and developing you as a person.
Practical Training Assignments
Your practical training program work assignment is based on personal interviews, past experience, preference, and the needs of the organization. Departments students have served in the past include:
- Financial Aid
- Grounds Crew
- Coffee Shop