No, each office is separated by law, in order to prevent conflict of interest between those who bill students and those who award financial aid (scholarships, grants, loans, etc) to students. Therefore, the two offices deal with different aspects of student finances.
The Finance Office
The Finance Office is part of Bethany International Administration and is located inside Entrance A of the T.A. Hegre Ministry Center; up the short set of steps, through the double doors and directly across the lounge.
The Finance Office conveys what you need to pay and when you need to pay it. This includes issues such as the following:
- Billing (invoicing) you for your school costs
- Confirming what you owe and when
- How to make payments and the acceptable methods of payment
- Setting up payment plans
- What to do if you are going to miss/be late on a payment
- How being in default on a payment affects your enrollment
- How withdrawing from school or being expelled will affect what you owe the school/whether a refund or credit is due
Contact information for the Finance Office:
Phone number: 952-996-1477 or 952-946-4197 email@example.com
Financial Aid is part of Admissions and is located in the Admissions Office, inside Entrance B of the T.A. Hegre Ministry Center.
Financial Aid deals with helping you get the financial assistance you need to pay for school. This includes issues such as the following:
- How to complete your FAFSA
- How to meet the requirements if you are selected for FAFSA verification
- How to correct errors or make changes to your FAFSA
- How to understand your student loan options
- How changes in enrollment status (withdrawal, dropping below full-time status, etc) can affect your financial aid
Contact information for Financial Aid:
Phone number: 952-996-1459 firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions pertaining to filling out your FAFSA or for technical issues you are having on the FAFSA site: https://fafsa.ed.gov/help.htm
For questions pertaining to FAFSA verification requirements or for technical issues you are having on the VFAO site: Submit a ticket on the VFAO Student Support portal at: https://bethanygu.vfao.com/messenger/default.aspx (you will need to Sign up the first time you use this system)
Additional Resources for Financial Aid Information
The shared Files of your online student profile (Populi) account – look for files starting with FIN. These are mainly BGU-specific information documents.
The Federal Student Aid website at studentaid.ed.gov
Help on the FAFSA website at https://fafsa.ed.gov/help.htm (many questions are addressed on this page – it is a wealth of information!)