BGU is an incredible place, but before coming here, you may have a lot of questions. Most importantly, you may be wondering what a typical day looks like here at BGU. It’s easy to let your imagination run wild, but why not take a look at this video to feed your curiosity.
As you’ll see, student life is full of learning, community, and personal growth. All students come here to learn, so classes hold a huge priority in student life. Not only do they attend lectures and class each day, but homework takes up the majority of a student’s time. Personal growth happens as students adapt to new practical training placements, which are important jobs that pay for each student’s tuition. Life groups, chapels, and meals are all ways that students are immersed in a deep sense of Christ-centered community.
Though coming to BGU will give you the real experience, we thought we could give you a pretty good idea of a day in the life at BGU.
To give you a better look, we made a vlog from one student’s perspective.
A Day In the Life of a BGU Student
Here is an example schedule for what a day may look like on a day in the life of a BGU student:
- 6:30 am- 7:00 am — Wake up in the dorm to the alarm clock in time to prepare for the day.
- 7:00 am – 8:00 am — In the morning before class; make coffee, do devotions, get dressed.
- 8:00 am – 12:00 pm — Grab breakfast and head to class in the academic building to listen to Matt Harbour’s Hermeneutics lecture.
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm — Go to lunch after class at noon, for Brazilian rice, salsa, and chicken. Eat outside in the courtyard (while it’s still summer) with friends.
- 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm — Take the extra time before Bethany Chapel at 1:00, to do homework or hang out with people.
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm — Go to Bethany Chapel to worship God as a community, and listen to a message from a ministry leader.
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm — Go to Practical Training until dinner time.
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm — Free time. Many people will do homework or spend time with friends. There is also a worship and prayer room on campus, called the Furnace, that students will spend time in.
- 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm — Join your Life Group somewhere around campus for fellowship time.
- 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm — After Life Group, end the night in the dorm. Wind down from the day and then off to bed.