Join us at the Bethany Global University campus preview weekend October 12-14, 2017. During the weekend you will discover God’s plan to save humanity and how your life fits into His grand scheme. What if you knew and embraced HIS plan? Imagine what kind of impact you can make in this life.
Time Until Next Event
Highlights From CPW
Weekend Event Includes:
- Life impacting messages
- Workshops on how to engage in God’s plan
- Housing & Meals for prospective students.
- Fun Adventurous activities
- Life Group Activity
- Open Dorm Night
- International Dinner
- Campus Tours
- Super Early Bird Discount (Ends Aug. 3): $20
- Early Bird Discount (Ends Aug. 31): $25
- Preregistration Discount (Ends Oct. 11): $35
- Door price (Day of the event): $45
- Youth groups & school groups (bring as many people as you want, but you must register by August 31st for this discount): $99
If for any reason you’re unable to attend, please contact the Admissions Office at 800-323-3417 byAugust 31st. You will receive a refund of your registration fee, except for a $5.00 handling fee. After August 31st, we are not able to offer refunds.
|4:00 – 5:00 pm||Student Check-In|
|5:00 – 5:30 pm||Dinner Served|
|6:00 – 6:25 pm||Meet you Preview Host Group|
|6:30 – 8:15 pm||Welcome to Bethany Global University’s Preview Event – Worship & Session|
|8:30 pm||Life Group Activity|
|7:00 – 8:30 am||Breakfast|
|9:00 – 9:50 am||Understanding the University & Global Internship Overview|
|10:00 – 11:00 am||Attend a Class
Parent Q & A
|11:00 – 11:40||Campus Tours|
|11:40 – 12:15 pm||Lunch Served / Meet the Staff|
|12:30 – 1:00 pm||Dessert Break|
|1:00 – 1:50 pm||Worship Chapel|
|2:00 – 2:40 pm||BGU Next Steps|
|2:45 – 4:50 pm||Free Time Options|
|5:20 – 8:30 pm||Mission Experience (including International Dinner)|
|9:00 – 11:00 pm||Open Dorm Night|
|8:30 – 9:30 am||Breakfast|
|10:00 – 11:50 am||Sessions|
|12:00 – 12:00 pm||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:00 pm||Closing Session / Debriefing|
How can I register for Campus Preview Event?
You can register here or you can call the Admissions Department at (952) 222-0092.
What is the cost for the event?
Students: Registration fee is $20 per student if you preregister before the event begins. This cost covers all meals, lodging, and activities for the whole event. Discounts may be available if you register early or come with a group.
Parents and Pastors: There is no registration fee for parents and pastors. You will have to purchase meals in the Oasis which is our campus store when you arrive on campus.
What is the cost of meals in the cafeteria for parents, pastors, siblings or other guests?
Meal tickets in can be purchased in The Oasis for guests.
Can I get transportation to and from the airport or bus station?
Pickup Times: For people who are traveling alone (without a parent), we will provide shuttles at 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m., and 4:30 p.m. on Thursday. If you are traveling with friends, we can provide transportation if they are also registered for Campus Preview.
Disclaimer: If your flight arrives earlier than 1:00 p.m. or after 4:30 p.m., then you may choose to rent a car, take a taxi, or reserve a ride from an Uber driver.
Drop Off Times: We will provide shuttles at 2:30p.m., 3:30 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.
In order to schedule a pickup and/or drop off please email your arrival information: bus/airport terminal, bus/flight number, bus/airline name, arrival time, the number of people needing to be picked up, and a cell phone number where we can reach you to:
Katherine Lawlor, Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-222-0092.
Where and when should I plan to be picked up from the event?
Where: By the Flagpole in the Main Parking Lot of BGU. When: Plan to be picked up by 3 pm on Saturday.
Can I stay for a couple extra nights on campus?
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate additional nights in the dorm rooms. Housing in the dorms is a special part of our Campus Preview Event. If you would like to stay on campus before or after the event, please contact Katherine for additional information about hotels in the area at email@example.com or call 952-222-0092
Can my younger sibling come along?
If your sibling is high-school age or older then they can come as a participant of the event. They would need to register and pay online as well. A parent would need to come along if the sibling is younger and they would have to stay in a hotel.
I am a parent can I stay on campus overnight?
No, we do not currently have extra guest rooms available on campus. Here is a list of hotels in the area. Prices are not guaranteed.
- Holiday Inn Bloomington Arpt South (13 min. away via W Old Shakopee)
- America’s Best Value Inn – Burnesville, MN (15-20 min away)
($55/night for given dates)
- LivINN Hotel -Burnesville, MN (about 20 min away)
($72 per night)
- Country Inn and Suites by Carlson –Bloomington West (13 min from Normandale Blvd.)
- Best Western – Eden Prairie (16 min away)
Please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Katherine, if you have any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-222-0092
I am the parent of a student coming to the event, will I be able to participate in the activities or should I make other plans?
Parents are welcome to participate in any or all of the activities throughout the event. If however, you would rather not sit in on a certain session, etc, then there is coffee and seats in the Prayer Room Foyer, you can take a walk around campus or we can give you directions to the Mall of America or other local attractions.
What should I bring to the event? Or not bring?
What to bring:
- Bring your own sleeping bag, pillow, and bedding
- Modest pajamas
- Athletic clothes (no dark soled shoes can be used in the gym)
- Classroom clothes – good-condition jeans or pants, modest casual shirts
- A jacket and depending on the weather, gloves and a hat (average temps in Minneapolis at that time of year are between 40 and 55 degrees)
- A Bible
- A notebook or laptop for taking notes during sessions (optional)
- A camera (optional)
- Cell phones are fine, but should be set on vibrate during sessions
What not to bring:
- Weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Electronics, such as MP3 players, video iPods, handheld games, etc.
- Immodest clothing (spaghetti strap camis, jeans with undergarments showing, etc)
When flying into the event, which airport do I fly into?
Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP)
Address: 6820 Auto Club Road Bloomington, MN 55438 Phone: 1-800-323-3417