Master of Arts in
Intercultural Disability Ministry
Earn Your Master’s Degree in Intercultural Disability Ministry
Bethany Global University’s online M.A. In Intercultural Disabilities Ministry was created in partnership with Joni & Friends, and trains students to serve in the mission field by seeing the unseen. Governments in closed countries that restrict Christian ministries are open to receiving NGOs or workers who have training for assisting people with disabilities.
As people with disabilities are often neglected or inadequately served by over-taxed systems in impoverished countries, help for this community is welcomed. Most importantly, affirming the dignity of all God’s people reflects the heart of the Gospel.
Through This Christ-Centered Program, You’ll:
- Understand and have practical tools to interact with people living with various impairments
- Gain a biblical understanding of disabilities
- Possess fluency in the use of disability-friendly language
- Identify social challenges that people living with disabilities face each day
- Analyze a community’s understanding of disability and develop strategies to respond from a Christian perspective
- Find and remove barriers that exclude people with disabilities
Choose Between Two Online Tracks
The Course Track
Designed to be more content based. This track focuses on how you can apply and implement what you’re learning in the classroom into your field immediately.
The Thesis Track
Designed for those who want to further their education after completing the M.A. program or teach in an academic setting. This track is beneficial to those wanting to minister abroad, as some countries only acknowledge M.A. degrees with a written thesis.
Other Areas to Explore
Explore these resources below to learn more about Bethany Global University.